The SHIMANO Ultegra PD-R8000 SPD-SL pedals are too good to simply rest your feet on them and start to pedal. The wide pedals are made of carbon composite material and feature a stainless steel platform that runs smoothly and guarantees good load distribution and power transfer. In addition, the bearings of the Lightweight 248 g pedals Impress with high durability.
The Shimano Ultegra PD-R8000 Pedals borrow heavily from the flagship Dura-Ace PD-9100 to deliver pro-level performance for the weight-conscious cycling enthusiast. The extra-wide, lightweight, carbon composite platform offers a huge target for clipping in, so rolling away from red lights and the start of a crit is a hassle-free affair. The large body also provides more efficient power transfer and distributes pressure better so long days in the saddle aren’t met with hot spots on your feet. The low profile design increases road clearance for improved confidence when leaning through the turns and getting back on the gas. Durable, integrated, stainless steel body plates help reduce flex, wear to the pedal body, and provide a smooth surface for the cleats, promoting smooth float.
The wide bearing placement offers stable and uniform load distribution, so bearings last longer and roll smoother. The adjustable entry and release tension let you customize the settings for a casual easy in-and-out to a vice-like grab needed for track racers or sprinters. The 10 mm body height from the axle center to the cleat contact surface lowers the stack height by 0.7 mm versus the 6800’s and the weight has dropped to 248 grams. The pedal includes 6-degree float SPD-SL cleats for 3-bolt shoes and all the mounting hardware.
- Wide and stiff SPD-SL pedals
- Lightweight pedal body made of carbon composite material
- Extra-large platform for efficient power transfer
- Durable and torsion-resistant with a high-strength stainless steel pedal body inlay
- Adjustable release tension
- Optional with a 4 mm longer spindle (for the additional distance between crank and foot position – in this way, Riders with larger hips can maintain the correct leg and foot alignment on the pedals)
- Recommended Use- Road, Triathlon/TT
- Pedal Type- Clipless
- Body Material Carbon
- Axle Material- Steel
- Cleat System- SPD-SL
- Cleat Mount- 3 Hole
- Weight- 285g/Pair